AMG260M The Worlds Smallest 90W Industrial Media Converter
AMG Systems of the United Kingdom and USA introduced the AMG260M industrially hardened, ultra-compact fiber optic Gigabit Ethernet media converter. Available as both non-PoE models as well as PoE models with IEEE802.3at 30W or IEEE802.3bt 60/90W PoE or PoE-powered models. The AMG260M PoE PSE models are suitable for powering the latest high-power requirement PoE IP devices in difficult applications requiring equipment to be industrially hardened and immune from temperature, shock, and vibration. A PoE PD-powered model is also available for installation in locations without any local power.
• The World's smallest 90W PoE industrial media converter
• In-house developed custom thermally efficient machined aluminium housing for maximum thermal efficiency with the latest in computer-aided thermal modelling
• All interfaces are on one side. This helps the unit fit into the tightest spaces as bend radius allowance only needs to be done on one side
• Most flexible mounting system in the industry. DIN Rail and Wall mounts are included in the box with every unit and a sold separately magnetic mounting kit is also available
• Mounting locations on 3 sides of the product support all 3 of the available mounting methods. This solution provides over 30 different mounting types and unit orientations for maximum installation flexibility.
• RJ45 and SFP ports support 1Gb Ethernet speeds and are auto-speed sensing with no user input required.
• 4 models available: Non-PoE, 30W PoE, 60/90W PoE and PD
• PD-powered model allows for installation where no local power is available.
• SFP port for maximum optical flexibility. Supporting different fibre types, speeds, distances, and connectors
• IP40 unit protection and operating temperature of -40 to +75C for harsh environments
• DIP switches offer state-of-the-art smart functions for Link Fault Pass-Through, Remote Device Reset and Extended RJ45 Port Distance
• Developed in the USA & UK and manufactured in the UK ensures the highest quality and maximum security.
• Fully NDAA & TAA compliant
• NEMA tested and certified for temperature, shock, vibration, humidity & surge
• Lifetime product warranty and MTBF greater than 500,000 hours (engineered to last)
• Environmentally friendly with low unit power consumption (less than 2.5W) and plastic-free packaging which is 100% recyclable.
The ultra-compact AMG260M models are produced in a rugged, thermally efficient enclosure designed to be DIN-Rail, wall mounted, or with an industry-first magnetic mount option. The line is fully hardened and can operate outdoors in suitable IP-rated housing and in extreme temperatures (-40 to +75°C). The addition of integrated smart functionality provides the user with numerous field-selectable intelligent features such as link-fault pass-through, remote device reset, and extended distance mode for the copper cable. The AMG260M series miniature media converters are suited for connecting IP equipment to Ethernet networks that require optical fiber to achieve longer transmission distances. The AMG260M uses a dual-speed 100Mb/1Gb SFP port for connectivity and AMG offers a wide range of SFPs for fiber, connector type, and distance. The AMG260M Series media converters are designed in the USA and UK and manufactured in an ISO9001-certified UK facility, are NEMA approved and are fully TAA and NDAA compliant, and unlike similar products from other Asian countries, can be used in all US Government installations.
Steve Clarke, AMG's Managing Director, said, “AMG is known for our innovative approach to product design. With space being at a premium in most installations, the AMG260M is easily the smallest, most full-featured media converter available today.” “Our unparalleled manufacturing process allows AMG to offer a wide range of transmission products at very cost-effective levels while maintaining ISO9001 quality, the AMG260M is another example,” Clarke concluded.
Tom Exley, AMG Technical Director adds “The AMG260M continues our quality standard. Our engineering team looked at what was currently available, identified weaknesses, and engineered the AMG260M to overcome those weaknesses. There are dozens of media converters available today. None are equal in terms of this unique ultra-compact size, industrially hardened, with full 90W PoE capability, made in an ISO9001-certified facility, and most importantly, available when you need them. We believe in the quality and stand behind them with lifetime support. This media converter solves the density challenge, allowing the user to utilize more devices in a smaller area. Plus having a product made in the UK gives your network an added layer of security.”
AMG believes having products in stock, being fully supported by the AMG design team, and being covered by the AMG Lifetime Warranty gives AMG customers worldwide a measurable advantage in today’s competitive marketplace.
AMG Systems offers an extensive line of fiber optic, copper, and wireless Ethernet, video, and data transmission equipment that is uniquely designed to meet the needs of the Security, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Utility, and Industrial markets. Full product line details are available at www.amgsystems.com. Call direct +44 (0)1767 600777 or in the US, 1-855-AMGPOE1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.