Transport and Highways Authorities are constantly reviewing and updating Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) for highways, bridges and tunnels. Outside of CCTV, ITS systems encompass many different roadside devices such as Variable Message Signs, Traffic Light Controllers and Emergency Call boxes, all of which require connection to a robust transmission backbone. AMG's transmission solutions have a proven record for transport applications in the UK, Ireland, Scandinavia, India and more with hundreds of installation sites across the globe.
Rail networks are another typical application for AMG’s transmission solutions where CCTV systems are regularly installed for platform and car park monitoring at railway stations. Wider applications involve the protection of trackside assets such as power generation units and train depots.
Recent references include:
- The UK NRTS project which forms the basis of a national approach to highways communications in England and covers all major roads – read case study
- Birmingham Managed Motorway’s around the City of Birmingham – read case study
- Dublin's city centre and surrounding roadways – read case study
- Hindhead, Hatfield and Blackwall Tunnels in the UK
- More than 1,000 km of Indian Highways and toll roads
- Abu Dhabi's Palm Tunnel in the UAE
- Stockholm & Malmö Tunnels in Sweden – read case study
- Highways Project in South Korea
- High Speed Rail project in South Korea
- Athens Traffic Management System in Greece - read case study
- The Channel Tunnel Rail Link between the UK and France – read case study
- The bridge control of the newly inaugurated Samuel Beckett Bridge in Dublin, Ireland
- The LUAS - Dublin’s Light Rail Tram System, Ireland